The Slipper Orchid Forum - The First Paph and Phrag Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Slipper Orchid Forum - The First Paph and Phrag Discussion Forum > The Classified Section > Wanted Slippers and Other Orchids
Home Contact Auction SOF Puzzle Game SOF Gift Shop Forum Rules
 Subscribe in a reader Try our toolbar
Phuphaman Orchids LTD.
Wanted Slippers and Other Orchids Members who are not commerical/private vendors, post your slipper and non slipper orchid wanted lists here. Note: No commercial/private vendors allowed!

Old September 9th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #1
Kanaka John
Bronze Member

First Name: John.
Interests: orchids, guns, coins, construction, cooking
Favorite Slipper Orchid: any paph. species or phrag.
Wishlist: Paph fairrieanum album "hagee" Paph rothchildieanum "charls e." Paph frau ida brandt Paph iantha stage "coos bay"
Default an old species, new info.

Hi fellow orchid lovers, a new bit of info. Dr. Tanaka informed me that fairrieanum "hagee" was also sold in japan as "Shaffer" variety. So if you should come across that clone remember me, THANKS

The Scent of Scandal: Greed, Betrayal, and the World's Most Beautiful Orchid (Florida History and Culture)

Kanaka John is offline   Reply With Quote
Slipper Orchid Auctions
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #2
Kanaka John
Bronze Member

First Name: John.
Interests: orchids, guns, coins, construction, cooking
Favorite Slipper Orchid: any paph. species or phrag.
Wishlist: Paph fairrieanum album "hagee" Paph rothchildieanum "charls e." Paph frau ida brandt Paph iantha stage "coos bay"

[QUOTE=Kanaka John;1300021]Hi fellow orchid lovers, a new bit of info. Dr. Tanaka informed me that fairrieanum "hagee" was also sold in japan as "Shaffer" variety. So if you should come across that clone remember me, THANKS

A giant post note: there is an awarded "Shaffer" that is red here in the U.S.. in Japan they apparently call varietals as they are marketed. So if you find a shaffer fairrieanum, check to see the color, we are looking for green. The seach goes on !!!

I have been trying to also find selfings of "Hagee", I would appreciate any info on divisions available of those also. It may be as close to the original as I will get. Thanks again to all of you who have taken your time to check around and letting me know what you found. Your suggestions have helped me contact and meet many new growers. The quest for Camelot continues.

It's getting bad when you start replying to your own threads !!!
Kanaka John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #3
orchidlover
Diamond Member

First Name: Nancy
Favorite Slipper Orchid: Paph. stonei
Favorite Non Slipper Orchid: Encyclia cordigera

That is a good piece of information and we can only wish you good luck with your search. Keep your fingers crossed.
Your Ad Here